Tuesday 19 April 2011

ENAMEL EXPERIMENTS

I have been experimenting with liquid enamel in red, silver and chestnut brown. I like to draw through to colours underneath and wet enamel is easier to handle, sifted colours can create technical difficulties and it is harder to layer. The silver is a revelation, it is soft and subtle and just slightly twinkly. I have also fired glass headed steel pins, this adds another element.
The black letter transfers pull these little abstract compositions together. I can't wait to try these on larger pieces...red spoons? Or the irony of silver enamelled spoons?

1 comment:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

A classic colour combination given a decidely new twist. Larger pieces would have such visual impact and the imagery is great. More experiments.... more... more... more! L x
PS I think you're going to have to get a bigger kiln at home soon.....