Thursday 13 July 2017

ANOTHER GRAND DAY OUT

Another day off, another road trip. This time into deepest, sunny (today) Wales to see my good chum Lesley Crawley. I set out up the M4, crossed the bridge into Wales and drove almost, but not quite as far as Haverfordwest.
Lesley is a great teacher and has an innovative approach to techniques. She also lives in an idyllic place with the most wonderful garden. 
So trying not to be too distracted by the beauty and birds all around me, Lesley cracked on and showed me how to make cynotypes.
Once again, I found myself in another inspiring shed on my day off.
Lesley has a chalet sized shed that houses the diverse range of Lesley's experimental creative techniques. Another collector of inspirational objects,
so everywhere you look there are
gorgeous collections.
And I am sure she would not agree, but everything has a place and can be found (on the whole). Lesley makes beautiful books using her experiments and is constantly experimenting embracing the 'what if ' factor all the time
I presented her with pre rusted fabric and after just a couple of hours
came away with all these cynotype experiments. Paper, fabric, rust and gum arabic transfer...just add Lesley's generous teaching. Thank you for a fantastic day.

Fancy learning how to achieve this? Lesley is coming to the yard:ARTspace in 2018, 16-17 June to teach Cynotype printing. Celebrate the summer solstice with us, book early to avoid disappointment.

No comments: